Five Tips For An Organized Office
Your home office is the place where you go to work, pay bills, read and write. For your office to be efficient, it needs to be organized in a straightforward way so that it’s easier to keep up on your tasks. If your home office looks more like a collection of clutter than a place for productivity, use our tips to streamline your space.
- Consider switching to paperless billing. This will help reduce the amount of paperwork you generate.
- Keep three trays on your desk: fill one with tasks that need to be handled today, one for things that are not so time-specific, and one for things that have already been handled (like papers that just need to be filed).
- Never put off doing your filing. File papers each day for maximum efficiency.
- In addition to filing cabinets, keep plenty of shelves in your office. They’ll hold your books and display decorative items so you can keep your desk clear.
- If you have the space, setting up a couple of occasional chairs and a small side table (or a piece of ottoman furniture) will give you a place to read, converse or even hold interviews that is separate from your work desk.