When it comes to your home, comfort and convenience should always be a priority. After all, it’s supposed to be your peaceful retreat from the world. If your place could use its comfort level kicked up a notch, use this list as your “cheat sheet” for making your home an easier place to live in.
1. A good set of knives for your kitchen. If you cook at all, invest in a good set of cutlery. You won’t believe the difference it makes when you’re able to chop veggies and slice meat with ease. Better yet, a quality set of knives will last for many years to come.
2. A good vacuum. Cleaning is essential to a comfortable home, and cleaning should never be more time-consuming than it has to be. A good quality vacuum will keep your carpets in pristine condition and you’ll spend half the time going back and forth than you would with a mediocre vacuum.
3. A piece of ottoman furniture. Timeless, versatile and completely convenient, ottoman furniture is a must-have for your space, no matter how small. If you have your doubts about an ottoman’s necessity, just see our post on five creative uses for ottoman furniture.
4. Mirrors for your walls. Mirrors add instant elegance to any room in your home, they liven up your living space, and they make a small room look much bigger. They will make your life easier simply because they are a breeze to use for decorating purposes. Plus, they make it convenient to give yourself a once over before you leave the house.
5. A well-organized bookcase. Bookcases are versatile and convenient, and you can use them in any room of your home. Take the time to style yours with your books and other items so you’ll never spend needless time searching for your favorite novel or the Sci Fi trilogy your best friend lent you.
6. An entryway with a “landing strip.” The landing strip is a place where you can hang keys, coats, purses and other items you grab on your way out the door. A full landing strip has a landing surface, mirror, coat hooks and a message board. A full coat rack can replace the hooks if you have the space.
7. A set of occasional chairs. They will complement (or even replace) your couch, look inviting by the fireplace and provide extra seating for guests.
8. Dimmer switches. Dimmers are easy to install and allow you to shift your light and transform your space as the mood arises.
9. Sturdy scissors that will cut through anything. Opening packages, slicing through stiff papers and creating flower arrangements will be easier with good quality scissors.
10. Quality cleaning supplies. Keeping your cleaning supplies stocked at all times will save you when you need to clean up for company in a pinch.