Gone are the days when rustic decor was limited to old farmhouses and country cabins. These days, rustic rooms can be spotted everywhere from Hollywood’s hottest homes to contemporary craft cocktail bars. Decorating your living room in rustic decor will give it a cozy, comfortable vibe and a timeless look. Here are five ideas to give your living room a rustic theme:
1. Invest in reclaimed wood furniture. Not only are reclaimed wood pieces environmentally friendly, nothing caters to a rustic look more. Reclaimed wood coffee tables and accent furniture are lasting investments.
2. Consider buying a leather couch. Good quality leather furniture lends itself to practically any decor theme, but it works especially well in a rustic living room. Complement it with leather ottoman furniture.
3. Hang prints of country landscapes on the walls to accent the rustic look. Add a horseshoe to blend in with the wall art.
4. Decorate your fireplace mantel with antiques. Shop your local flea markets, Farmer’s markets and antique stores for great finds.
5. Finish off by draping a sheepskin throw over the couch or placing a sheepskin area rug in the center of the room.